Sunday, September 8, 2013

CodeFirst Architecture: Sweet structure without the hassle

It's been a while since I last updated this blog. Last time, I mentioned to you some architecture that might be useful when building your software, but for this article, let me focus on CodeFirst. Now this architecture is based on Entity Framework which we will cover in another article.On the contrary, Entity Framework is Database-first design where you will be provided a .edmx file where your database tables and mapping will be maintained. It's a small price to pay compared to opening and closing your SQL connections via connection string. CodeFirst will not require you to maintain anything or any file for all you have to do is write Classes or Entities that you can manipulate. Data retrieval may be with the use of LINQ or SQL Query (at the very least amount)   I will not cover the steps entirely for it has already been covered by another article. I give credits where credit is due. We'll dig into more technical things on my next article. (Forgive me for this article was written while I'm travelling.)

No comments:

Post a Comment